Golden St. Patrick's Day Cookies

How fun are these little beauties! Well, fortunately for you they are not hard or expensive, and it's not too late for you to pull this off for ST. PATRICK'S DAY

You will need to get a hold of some GOLD COLOR MIST By WILTON.  You can find a can in the baking section of your grocery store, but also at Walmart, JoAnn's, Michaels and Hobby Lobby. My Walmart was out of stock, but that worked to be a good thing for me because I got a better deal at Hobby Lobby using my weekly 40% off coupon. Woot! Woot!

Now going into this I had no idea how this was going to work out, so I headed to my DOLLAR STORE for the cookies, and I'm glad I did. Not because it didn't work out, but look at this pretty design! This CELTIC KNOT pattern is beyond perfect!

Look, it's BEAUTIFUL! To do this be sure to shake the can really well, and then mist the gold onto  the cookies. You'll need a couple of light coats. *WARNING* Be sure to let your cookies dry before eating them. (I'm not very patient when it comes to cookies! HA!) And let me just tell you YUCK!
Having said that, once they are dry (which only takes a few minutes) you can't taste the gold AT ALL. I can't wait to make another batch for my kid's AFTER SCHOOL SNACK on St. Patrick's Day.

Now they are ready to DUNK, and be prepared, they are just as delicious as any sandwich cookie I ever had. Now if you're really lucky, a LEPRECHAUN, will come along and add a drop of green food coloring to your milk. ;)

Happy Snacking!
love,
Karin



Comments