It's a Small World

The other week I put together this darling portrait for a family in Alaska. I had a great time doing it and really got into the details. One of my favorite parts of creating Ink Puddle Portraits is learning about individuals and families. I always feel like I've made new friends when I finish a drawing.
                                                                             OR
In this case, reconnected with old ones! Ashley was the one to first make the connection. We were friends growing up and had attended the same church, but over the years each of us had left the state and started up our own families. I sat straight up in bed when I read her e mail. Of course she was Ashley! I totally recognized her now! It was so great to reconnect with her and to realize that this beautiful family I had drawn was hers.

It really is a small world, and it seems that Ink Puddles is making it even smaller. :)





Comments